12/04/2007

New Machine - Palm

The palm web site indicates that the Palm Desktop software only works on OS X up to 10.4 so I was assuming that my 10.5 Leapard release wasn't supported.

Thanks to the always informative Agile Round Table User Group suggested that it would work anyway so I gave it a shot.

The good and the bad. The install requires me to restart the machine, which I really don't understand. It's just like installing application on windows.

I configured the palm to hot sync using Blue Tooth but as I proceeded through the Windows based instructions there was nothing to do on the mac. Eventually, the final next button was pressed and off it went.

My experience Blue Tooth synching on Windows resulted in repeated Palm crash restarts and Windows refusal to respond. Since then I have upgraded the Palm firmware which might explain the problems, but the Mac experience has been much better.

No comments: